Friday, October 29, 2010

Getting this Business Off the Ground !


Josh and I applied for our Illinois Business license last night ! In a few days we should get word back. Hopefully no one else is DBA Buggy Bowtique ! We will officially be a Husband/Wife Sole Proprietor soon !

We talked a little bit last night about where we see our business going and I'm so excited about this venture. It would be so great to eventually get to the point where we could run our own business and not have to work outside of it. It would be amazing to run our Bowtique together.

I also looked into renting a table at our local Flea Market to get our name out there and I think we might start doing that in November as long as I can get enough material together to make it worth it ! 

The next two things I am working on is crocheting headbands and child aprons. 

I tried to knit a headband ... but it was not the quality I wanted. I have never crocheted before but I'm hoping that I can pick it up quickly! Especially if I need some for the flea market on November 20th :) I have a few patterns to try out and I'm hoping that I find one that is usable. 

For the aprons I am looking into embroidery. I would love to learn how to embroider! I think it would be adorable to offer aprons for children ! 

My biggest drawback right now in all of this is the space to do it ! We have such a limited space right now that my sewing machine stays up in the closet unless it is used and then goes right back up. I need a room to use just for this business so that I can have my supplies out all the time and keep everything organized ! 

On another note I am thrilled about Ashlynn's 1st Halloween this weekend ! She is going to be an adorable little lady bug this weekend ! We will have so much fun taking her trick-or-treating and I will have pictures next week ! 

1 comment:

  1. Starting a business is such an exciting prospect!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete