Tuesday, March 8, 2011

New Buggy Bowtique Item : Rag Quilts !

So ... I hinted before how excited I am about the new item for the Bowtique, but now I am going to show you why! 

I've decided to add these beauties to the items I carry at Buggy Bowtique.


     


I finished these two this week and I've started on another already ! They are amazing. 

These Rag Quilts are perfect for little ones. Our daughter is sixteen months old and she absolutely adores her Rag Quilt that her Nana made her. She sleeps with it every night and makes me pull it out most mornings to carry it around.  It is designed to become softer and softer and more lovey as time goes on. 



They are made with Flannel Fabrics. DO NOT WASH THEM BEFORE SEWING ! 


This is my very high tech pattern :) 



Squares ! I cut mine to 6" and used seven squared in each row. This makes a quilt that is about 35"





Here they are all matched up in their rows. You'll want to pin each front and back piece together. I did seven rows to make my quilt square. 


Sewing the squares together. You do not need to sew around each individual square. Instead just sew the hems onto two squares at a time. 


This is a 1/2 inch hem. Shown here is the two squares sewn together. You want to continue to add a square and only sew the hem. Make sure that the hem is always facing to the same side. You want all of your raggy hems to be facing the same way and the back to be smooth. 



Here is two rows of seven squares. I placed them on top of each other, lined up the hems, and pinned them together. Once again you want to sew a 1/2 inch hem. 


Here are the rows after they have been sewn together. 




The Hems should like like this, all facing up, before they are snipped. 



And after the hem is snipped.



Raggy ! After Washing. 




I adore these new items and hope you all do as well !

Photobucket

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

7 comments:

  1. These are adorable! And I happen to love your high-tech pattern! :) Thanks for the tutorial. Over from Dragonfly Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these quilts! My sister-in-law makes them for all the nieces and nephews, and yes, they are SUPER soft! Love it! {And I love the colors and fabs you used! Very cute!}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. What is the size of the squares?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The squares are originally cut to be 6". They are about 5" after the quilt is complete.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These came out gorgeous! I really want to make one of these someday. I'm saving your post on my bookmarks so that I can refer back! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so pretty & cute! I envy people with the patience to sew; I just can't do it! I love how soft and cuddly they look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look so good! I've been wanting to learn to make those for a long time. Thanks for the instructions. After you get the rows sewn together, do you just go around the outer edge? And do you cut all the way to the seam, or leave a little allowance?

    ReplyDelete