Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Spring Birdhouse

Sunday I took my baby brother to Michaels. He turned 18 yesterday ... *sigh*

For his birthday he picked out a new artists pad and some very nice pencils to draw with. Here is something he whipped up between dinner and cake. 


I happen to think he's pretty awesome ... as in i'm incredibly jealous of his mad skills. 

While we were at Michaels, I picked up this birdhouse because our apartment is in dire need of some spring color. ironically after I bought this it snowed yesterday, much to my dismay. 


I used Acrylic Paints to paint the outside. I can't wait until my birthday so that I can use my new camera to take my photos instead of my phone :/ I'm pretty sure the paint would actually look green and not yellow. 



A couple embellishments on the front (with hot glue) 


And the back ...


And the sides ...




Because the butterflies were very glittery i got some "Fairy Sparkles" to add to the birdhouse to make them look like they belonged. 


I'll show you where this cute little house ended up soon ! 

Photobucket

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

3 comments:

  1. Cute. My mom collects birdhouses, so I always think of her (and miss her) when I see birdhouses! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and whimsical!

    Ashley
    http://www.TheThriftyWife.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated b-day to your little brother. And that bird house turned totally cute! I am now following you thanks to Wednesday Blog Hop and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
    And don't forget to check our new Blog Tutorial going on today, to learn a few very easy tricks to make your blog simply fabulous and have more fun with it. See you there!
    Happy St. Patrick's Day

    ReplyDelete