Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Morning

Christmas is my 3rd favorite holiday.

I <3 Halloween most of all. Something about it has always just made me warm and fuzzy :)

Next is Thanksgiving ... Pretty much because of the Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream and my Stepmom's Green Bean casserole. Both Amazing ! 

And Third is Christmas. I love Christmas decorations. I adore watching the house turn into a winter wonderland. I listen to Christmas Music as soon as I find a station (this year they started a whole week before Thanksgiving!). I reveled in putting up our first tree. I have loved putting out our knick knacks and getting to decorate my own place for the first time. 

I love to visit a friend, family, or my clients and getting to see how they decorate for the season.The best part of all of it is that no two houses is just the same. No matter what there is a macaroni ornament, or a Grandmother's Christmas China, or something that sets this house off from that one. There is so much stuff out there it is insane, especially if you include all of the things people make for their own homes.

But what really kills me on this holiday is Christmas Gifts. It's just ... kind of anticlimactic these days and not really about giving. For example, my husband and I know exactly what we are getting this year and it feels like more of a business arrangement than a gift. I love and appreciate our families and I know that they are getting us exactly what we want, but ... I want more from Christmas than exactly what I want ! 

I'm hoping that on Christmas morning when we wake up Buggy and take her to the tree I will see what I need in her face and I will have my "something more." The three of us aren't doing much for Christmas this year because of our lovely budget, but she will have her Christmas morning and I think that's all that really matters to me this year. 

I mean I love this kid and when it comes down to it, I just want her to be happy and healthy and the rest is gravy .

(Buggy all ready to go see the lights !) 


I'm sure I'll still really enjoy my Silhouette as well :) 
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I remember my daughters first 'real' Christmas and how I had no money, I mean NO! money to buy her anything! But I did have 'greenstamps" you received them for buying food at certain grocery stores (this was before the digital revolution when we still relied on paper). I had saved several books and was able to trade them for toys for T's first real Christmas (she was 18 months). I was only able to get her a Fisher Price telephone and some blocks but when the day came I saw all I need in her face. She was THRILLED. It was as though we had take her to Disney World or something (mind you Disney is wasted on one that young).

    I totally understand what you mean about health and happiness being most important and the rest is "All Gravy". Your very right.... all the rest is just gravy.

    And try to remember than nothing ever stays the same for long. There will be Christmas in your future that will be much for flush... I know from experience... but no matter how much you have you will always only want them to be safe, healthy and happy.

    ReplyDelete