Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's beginning to feel a lot like ...

Christmas ! ! ! 

So, of course the hubby and I are going through our poor, young family stage and our family has been very adamant that we don't buy them presents. Our response to that for the past two years has been to make them presents instead. 

Last year we made them all picture frames that we bought at Michaels that I decorated with some paint and ribbon and threw in a picture of that lovely family member with our then 7 week old baby girl. They went over pretty well and I enjoyed having another reason to look at beautiful photos of my little angel. 

This year we decided to make the family ornaments. We went back to Michaels this year. ((Because I <3 Michaels)) We spent $18 and made and wrapped 14 presents. Not too shabby if I do say so myself. 

We basically started by grabbing all of crap supplies and throwing it on the floor in the living room/our bedroom. Did I mention we are in that poor, young family stage? 


Yea we use that gate to block Ashlynn from getting to the television and my husbands computer. We also have it around the Christmas Tree which you will see later :) It's wonderful the things you do for a little peace of mind once your child starts running . . . 


We started by cutting out the little pieces for our snowmen ornaments . . . Oh yea. I said we. As in my amazing husband actually helped. I have photographic evidence. 




All of those hands are Hubby hands <3 What a swell guy :) 

In the end we had a little family of Snowmen. 



And a whole bunch of Santa's Bellies



We chose to wrap these little beauties in bags I decorated and my hubby, yep he helped with this too, put into the bags and arranged the tissue paper ! He also added our Christmas cards because we chose to hand deliver as many as possible. 

I think they turned our pretty cute ! 


And for one day they, and the other present we wrapped for each other, will make our tree look fuller :) 



Photobucket

1 comment: