Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Birthday Memory Box

Today I worked on little Photo Cubes I am making for Buggy's 1st Birthday Party.

I started with these Photo Cubes I bought for something I intended to do this past Christmas, and then changed my mind ...

Then I removed the cardboard insert and covered it with pink cardstock. You could also use wrapping paper or any other cute kind of paper you wanted to be the backdrop! 

Then I added Photos, Embellishments from my scrapbooking, and a couple ladybugs ! The only thing you have to work about is making sure that you don't do anything too fat or the cube wont close. 

After I completed the four sides ( I left the bottom and top empty but you don't have too!) I closed up the box. 


I then used ribbon that we are going to use at the party and a candle that is also from the party supplies on the top. And this is the final product ...

We have a centerpiece that matches her party decorations but I am going to put these out as well. This one is about the pregnancy/newborn stage. It is so fun to have a reason to go back and look at the pictures of her when she was such a tiny thing ! 


Photobucket

linked up @ these great parties ! 

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming to A Crafty Soiree and sharing:) That is a fabulous idea! I had some photo cubes from the dollar section of Target in my cart, once upon a time but ended up putting them back. I really like how you've used yours for more than just a cube and turned it into a birthday "cake"! Now I'm kicking myself for not getting at least one, just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! What a great idea! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Thanks SO much for linking up to Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions. Hope to see you again soon.

    ~Lori @ Paisley Passions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much cuter than just putting a photo in there! You did a great job "dressing" it up!

    Thanks so much for linking up to SS!

    Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet! I had some of those cubes that I did some crafting with, too. Yours is much cuter! I just put pictures in mine! I hope you'll come link it up at the Catwalk when it opens Monday night :)
    http://embellishinglifeeveryday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!! I am your newest follower from the crafty link up! I love finding new blogs and yours is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com
    Take a peek at my giveaways if you come by. Everything is handmade and gorgeous!


    I LOVE this idea!! SO cute and your bows are very cute too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww that is so cute - what a great way to remember the first year! Thanks for linking up to Scrappy Saturdays!

    ReplyDelete