Monday, November 8, 2010

Just A Little Bit More Me

So ... Part of being young and married with a baby is getting things donated to you. 

Sometimes these things can be less than desirable. or just not really ... you. 

Like this pillow. 


So ... I found some pretty fabric I had left over from another project 

I cut it to 18" by 40" for my 18 inch pillow and then sewed 1/4" seams on the shorter sides. 


Then I folded the sides in so that the ugly side of the fabric was out. I folded the fabric 11" in from each seam. I of course didn't take a photo of this and thus failed you. But after folding the sides in I sewed 1/2 in seams on the sides and pulled the pretty side of the fabric out and shoved my ugly pillow in and the result was this lovely pillow that I think is much more me ... 


I'm going to make one more like this and use another fabric to cover our other two pillows. Now I just need to figure out how to cover the ugly not me couch ! Any Ideas? 

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. I love this! I did this with chair covers at my first apartment. :)
    The neat thing about being able to do that is that so many stores (especially KMART.. all the time!) have pillows and stuff that no one ever buys cause it's ugly. They put that stuff into clearance bins and you can get it cheap as heck and make it pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking for perfect fabric to do this to some pillows in my home. Instead of buying a new house, which is what I really want, I am going to revamp mine to make it feel new!


    Link it up at my new linky party, http://gigglesglitzandglam.blogspot.com/2010/11/glam-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand ! We desperately need more room and I hope we can get a house in the spring. Doing things like this makes me feel better about our awfully small and ugly apartment. At least I have cute pillows !

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pillow looks great now. As for the sofa, throws, blankets, sheets, curtains, shawls and tablecloths can be made to throw over the existing cover. Wrap a throw around the sofa cushions and put a shawl or throw over the back, fill with lovely handmade pillows and perhaps a couple of hemmed squares of fabric over the arms and you will have a lovely eclectic look that matches your home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember doing the same thing in my first home. Isn't it amazing how a little bit of bright, cheery fabric can change the whole look of a room? I'm a new follower from NNK. I'd love to have you visit me too!
    http://www.amaskellantics.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome! I would love for you to link up at my Strut Your Stuff Party!
    http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/11/strut-your-stuff-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great, love that fabric!! Thanks for linking up to gettin' crafty on hump day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pillow turned out great! That is such fun fabric!

    Thanks for linking up to Free for All!

    Hannah @ http://youngancrafty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pillow looks amazing... cute fabric.
    Malia
    www.yesterdayontuesday.com

    ReplyDelete