Friday, February 4, 2011

15 Month Check Up

Today I took our little Bug to the doctor for her 15 month check up. 

We also thought she might have an ear infection but it seems that she just has a cold. I'm very grateful for this. She's never had an ear infection and I'm praying we keep things that way.

So anyway ... 

Her checkup went fine. We have to cut her down to one nap a day and keep her up until 8 to try and get her to stop waking up in the middle of the night and talking to herself for hours on end. She'd in the 25th percentile for weight, 15% for height, and 80% for her head. She's doing pretty good, she's just a little girl with a big noggin. 

At her checkup she got 3 shots. 

I had a new nurse, who I'd never met before today, giving her the shots and she had me hold Ashlynn on my lap, which the other nurse has never had me do. I was suppose to hold her legs still with my legs and her hands with my hands. 

Right. 

Because Ashlynn isn't strong enough to move her legs away from mine when your coming at her with a needle.

It was a nightmare. 

Ashlynn was flailing everywhere screaming her head off while kicking her legs away from the needle. The nurse stabbed ME with one of the needles while she tried to stick another one in Ashlynn's leg. 

Yea. 

Me. 

In the Leg. 

With a Vaccine. 

So.

Ashlynn then decided while the nurse was still giving her the shot to try to roll over, so she was bleeding like crazy.

 I ended up having another long talk with the Doctor and I'm  never letting that nurse anywhere near me or my baby bug again . . . if she is still employed. 

Photobucket

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment