Monday, April 18, 2011

Highlights From Branson !

I thought I would share our trip with you ... or at least the bits you may be interested in ! 

This is our condo ... or rather my in-laws. My favorite part is the Jacuzzi tub . 
<3


Here we are on our way to Branson and the yummy watermelon I brought with us!


We always spend time playing cards when we are on vacation. It's something fun we don't usually make time for at home. The next two photos are us at Panera ... yea ... we had to spend about half a day there so that I could finish my research paper for Sociology. It was about 70 degrees and all I could think about was how much I would rather be any where else during my vacation ! 


Here we are at Cantina Laredo ! A great gourmet mexican place on Branson Landing. It is a strip with tons of shops and yummy food on the lake. During our meal a random water and fire show started. It was pretty neat! 




After lunch we checked out some of the shops. Josh's favorite was this great shop that sold nothing but olive oil and balsamic vinegar. You can see about a third of their stock in the photo. We sampled a bunch and they were so yummy ! Josh decided to get the Red Apple Balsamic and I can't wait to make a salad to have with it !


We also stopped by and got a new charm for my pandora bracelet, a piggy in honor of my piggy bank collection. We got this handmade doll for Ashlynn at another set of shops that focused on handmade sellers. There are a ton of this little shops in Branson ! It was fun to roam around them and see what people could do !

 Here we are when we decided to roam off the map. We were actually looking for the beach ... but it was closed !!!! Apparently April is too early to go to the beach ! But we got to see this AMAZING view and visit the trout farm and the big Dam in Branson. A cool sight to see. The trout farm was neat as well. I'd never seen anything like it. 

 We of course went to an ice cream parlor and it was DELICIOUS ! I had chocolate chip cookie dough :) 


We also went to Dick's 5 & 10 store. It was pretty interesting ... They sell anything you could imagine, including the original Slinky Dog, pre Toy Story ! My face in the bottom corner was me being mad at Josh because he hit my camera against something and I was worried he had hurt my poor baby :) 


We went to the Stone Hill Winery in Branson as well. I'd never been to any sort of Winery so it was neat. It was a cute little place and we got to taste a lot of different wines. We ended up getting a bottle of the Cream Sherry. We had it with dessert after we got home Thursday night and it was very yummy ! 


The last thing we did was to go to this water, light, fire, and music show on Branson Landing Wednesday Night. We got frozen yogurt at the Orange Leaf and went to the show. It was amazing ! Definitely worth a trip down to the Landing just for the show ! 

Photobucket

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment