Thursday, April 7, 2011

"Thank you" Mugs

While we are on our vacation this sweetie pie is staying with her Nana (My Mom) for four days and her Mee-Maw (Josh's Mom) for three days. 

Josh and I decided we wanted to get them something simple, just to thank them for giving us this time alone. Because honestly ... we wouldn't leave her with anyone else so without these two we wouldn't be going. 

So ...

We were at Marshall's the other day and I spied this mug: 


My momma is crazy about owls. She absolutely adores them. So I decided to get them mugs as their little Thank You (!). 

So I went onto the Silhouette Store and bought this thank you card design.


 It's 75 cents right now. Which is a steal. There are also a ton of other things on sale for 75 cents at the Silhouette Store right now. I bought some adorable treat bag designs to make gifts for Ashlynn's Uncles who are 8 and 9. 

I wrote a sweet note and placed them on top of the mugs ...


Then I grabbed these sweet pink flowers out from my bow supply. 


And took out all of the plastic. To do this you pull off the big green part on the bottom and then pull each layer of the flower off of the green pole in the middle one at a time. There will usually be another piece of plastic somewhere in the middle. Get rid of it too. You just want the flower petals. 


Then I laced each layer onto a piece of pink string. 




And place it on top of the card. 


You can see in the photo above that there is string coming out of the top of the flower petals. You want about half of the string on each side of the flower. I just pulled a whole bunch of string and cut off the excess at the end. The amount you need would depend on the mug size. 

Push the string that is coming out back down through the petals, not the hole, so that the string is under the flower. 



Then I laced the string around the cup, 


and tied it at at the bottom.


Then I fluffed the flower on the top to hide the string. 



 The result is two sweet little mugs. This is a very cost effective but cute thank you :) 



Photobucket

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment