Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My name is Megan .

So, It has come to my attention that I haven’t really shared much about who I am,  where I’ve come from, or what made me who I am today.  I’d like to rectify that, so I’m going to start sharing more with you about me and my past and what is going on in my life.

My name is Megan and this is an introduction to my family.

I was born 22 years ago on April 1st to a man named Don and a woman named Kathy. I have an older sister and one younger brother. When I was eight, my sister was ten, and my brother was four, my parents divorced. My dad remarried about six months later and mom about a year or so after that.  They each had another son with their respective spouses. Those little brothers are 8 & 9. 

My favorite thing about my dad is that he paints army men.

 Like this. 


Yea they look gross but it requires a mad amount of skills. 

My second favorite thing about my D.A.D is that he is an attorney who has decorated his office with Superheros. Yea. And he's a good attorney, not some nut job. 

He’s a big old nerd. And he instilled that in me from birth. Actually when I have time, I like to nerd out by playing World of Warcraft … yea … I know.  In addition to this he introduced us to things like Dungeons and Dragons and Talisman. There is a picture of me floating around somewhere where my dad is teaching me to play Talisman. I was about six weeks old. He is now separated from my Stepmom, but we still see her pretty often.

My sister is two years older than me. To say we’ve been through a lot together is an understatement. My parents got divorced when I was eight and she was ten. It was not a pretty time in our lives. And neither were the next ten years really. I have a pretty intense belief that if it weren’t for my sister being there to go through that with me I wouldn’t have made it. The only thing that kept me going through pretty bad depression was my awesome older sister and my desire to not leave her. She is now in college, about to start Grad School and I am very proud of her. The day she got accepted I might have cried a little bit.

My Mom is a stay at home mom to my youngest brother.  She used to be a teacher. She is an incredibly strong person. My brother is 8 and has Asperger’s Syndrome. If you don’t know what that is I’d suggest reading up about it. It requires a lot of love, patience, and faith in something higher to parent a child of Asperger’s. My brother is amazing. He is very intelligent and just about the best snuggle buddy in the world. He loves my daughter fiercely and feels it is his job to protect her from the world, which I think might be the most adorable thing ever.  But he is also the most frustrating kid I know, and that is why I respect my mother more than pretty much anyone, because honestly, I don’t think I could do it. My mom isn’t perfect. She admits that she thinks she’s made mistakes, but no one else I know could do half the job she has done of raising that kid. And that is a fact. She is still married to my Stepdad. He camps with my older brother, and both he and my mom are really involved in Scouts. My Stepdad has to travel a couple days a week usually for work. He moved here to get married to my mom and start his life over from Pittsburgh, PA. 

My oldest brother is an Eagle Scout. In fact, he just turned 18 and he just became an Eagle Scout. I’m super-duper proud of him. This is the main wall from his project.  



He, and his helpers, painted this mural in a local Elementary School. I think it is absolutely beautiful. My brother is one of those kids that can go camping for weeks and not really care that he’s off in the wilderness somewhere. I’ve never gone real camping with him, but I hear he’s pretty much amazing out there and it is where he belongs.  He is also one of those kids that is amazing at video games. He’s been playing them from birth practically and just knocks them out. He now has a youtube where he shows other people how to beat video games. People like me who aren’t savvy enough to figure them out for themselves. *Sigh* He’s now teaching his mad skills to my middle brother, who is nine. I’m pretty sure he’s giving my older brother a run for his money.

So now you know a little about my family. We are all a little nutty and there have been times when I’ve wanted to run away from all of them, but they are my family and I love them. Without each of them I wouldn’t be the person I am today. Luckily, I get to see all of them relatively often and I still live in the next town over. I wouldn’t mind moving one day, but for now I like that my daughter is getting to know her extended family so well. 
Photobucket

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment