Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Weekly Weigh In #1

Today is my first weekly update on how I am doing with my weight loss journey. 

I want to start by telling you all that this week has been horrible interesting. My husband and I are going through a rough patch. Rough enough that I spent the last week staying with my mom and we are going to start going to counseling tonight. I don't think it's anything that we can't get through, but it's just kind of been a wake up call to me that we need to be doing more of that big scary C word - Communicating! I think we get so stuck in our routine and daily life that we forgot that we are married and that we have to keep talking to each other, including the things that we don't really want to talk about because they make us uncomfortable or uneasy about hurting each others feelings. 

So this week I felt like eating chocolate constantly and making cookies and not sharing any ... 

But I didn't ...

Thankfully ... 

So, now to the last week. I have been using My Fitness Pal to track my calories in and calories burned by exercise. My screen name is mshellrung117, so if you want to add me feel free. I'm also using my Nike+ Sensor when I go walking or jogging, and started using the Wii Fit again which is a fun way to work out. 

I did really well this first week calorie wise. I went over significantly Friday, but still stayed under 2000 calories. I went out that day to celebrate my aunt being in town, so it was my day to live a little loose.

I did about 8 miles on the treadmill Wed-Fri. I slacked on my workouts Saturday and Sunday, unless you include shopping (!) and walked around the zoo for a few hours Monday. I did 40 minutes on the Wii Fit Tuesday. 

Now to the Weigh In part of the post ! 

This week I lost ... 

3.2 pounds ! 

I am really excited about that. It is a 1/3 of my short term goal. I want to kick that short term goal's butt and now I am well on my way! I now have 6.8 pounds to lose by June 30. I am really glad that this first week back was a good one because it has solidified in my mind that if I eat right and keep track of what I'm taking in and also take just a little time each day to do some sort of physical activity then I can do this. I can take back my own body ! 



LilySlim Weight loss tickers



LilySlim Weight loss tickers



Photobucket

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments:

Post a Comment